Do's & Don't :: CDSC
- Register for CDSC's internet based facility 'Mero Share' to monitor your demat account yourself. Contact your DP for details.
- Accept the DIS book from your DP only if each slip has been pre-printed with a serial number along with your demat account number and keep it in safe custody.
- Always mention the details like ISIN, number of securities accurately. In case of any queries, please contact your DP or broker.
- Ensure that all demat account holder(s) sign on the DIS.
- Please strike out the any blank space on the slip.
- Cancellations or corrections on the DIS should be initialed or signed by all the account holder(s).
- Submit the DIS ahead of the delivery date for all type of market transactions. DIS can be issued with a future execution date.
- Intimate any change of address or change in bank account details to your DP immediately.
- Before sending securities for demat, record the distinctive numbers of the securities sent.
- The demat account has a nomination facility and it is advisable to appoint a nominee, in case of sole account holders.
- Ensure that, both, your holding and transaction statements are received periodically as instructed to your DP. You are entitled to receive a transaction statement every month if you have any transactions and once a quarter if there has been no transactions in your account.
- Check your demat account statement on receipt. In case you notice any unauthorized debits or credits, contact your DP for clarification. If not resolved, you may contact CDSC's Investor Relations Officer.
- Do not leave your instruction slip book with anyone else.
- Do not sign blank DIS as it is equivalent to a bearer cheque.
- Avoid over-writing, cancellations, misspellings, changing of the name and quantity of securities.
- We request you to meticulously follow the above instructions, to avoid any problem in operation of your demat account.